2 x 6 month GIS posts, AFBI
2 x 6 month GIS posts going at Scientific Officer grades advertised with Premiere People/the Recruitment Company (https://therecruitmentco.uk/job/scientific-officer-newforge/).
The posts are to help AFBI work through the hydrological correction of the LIDAR model for NI.
The specifications they will recruit to are:
Main Duties / Purpose of Job / Function of Role:
- This person will work in collaboration with the AEB GIS team to assist with hydrological correction of the Lidar digital elevation models. This will involve:
- Editing and digitizing drainage line work using aerial orthoimagery and digital topographic models as guides.
- Running hydrological models to check and validate corrections
- Processing of other LiDAR data sets – surface and terrain models as required.
Specific Experience / Qualifications required:
- a degree qualification incorporating a high level of GIS
- Skilled in GIS using either Arc or QGIS and use of advanced editing packages
- Experience with high resolution LIDAR digital terrain models
- A background and/or knowledge of the natural landscape, landforms and river systems would be desirable but not essential