Environmental Science / Geography placement, McCloy Consulting Ltd.
We are currently seeking applications from dynamic and determined undergraduate students, currently undertaking a BSc in Environmental Science or Geography, to join our Industrial Placement Scheme as a Geo-Environmental Technician. The role is temporary, nominally Summer 2023 – Summer 2024, a minimum of 12 months, with dates and duration flexible.
The role will be to offer technical support primarily to our geo-environmental and flood teams. In return, the successful candidate will benefit from a salary, on the job training from the best in the industry, mentoring and enhanced career opportunities. The Industrial Placement will help prepare you for a successful career in geo environmental consultancy.
The successful candidate must be motivated and ambitious with a keen interest in our fields of expertise, in particular hydrogeology, geology, contaminated land, water resources, EIA and environmental monitoring.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Preparation of GIS figures, data collation and manipulation.
· Assist with the preparation of technical and planning reports.
· Assist with fieldwork and surveys.
· Provide technical support to other members of the team.
· Operate under the Company Quality Policy and procedures.
As a minimum, candidates must be able to demonstrate they:
· are working towards a BSc/MEng/MSc in Geology, Geography, Environmental engineering, Environmental Science (or equivalent).
· have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· have a good level of proficiency in Microsoft Office and IT in general.
· have previous AutoCAD / GIS / Programming or coding skills.
· are a team player and can develop and maintain positive working relationships with colleagues and clients.
· can work efficiently, be proactive, use initiative and have good time management skills.
· are eligible to work in the UK and Ireland common travel area.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
· have proficiency in the use of GIS.
· are working towards an Environmental-focussed qualification with emphasis on the water environment.
· have an awareness of design standards and planning processes relevant to their field.
· have a full clean driving licence.
How to Apply
Applicants should provide a CV and cover letter by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) to include JAN23/IP-GES in the subject line outlining qualifications and experience, indicating basic salary expectations and any other relevant information.
· We understand the needs of the individual in an ever more demanding world and will consider flexible start and finish times, along with providing generous annual leave package.
· We provide a generous contributory pension plan.
· >We believe in employee training to make sure that you make the most of your talents specific to your role within the company.
· For individuals who demonstrate continued service we will consider how we can support you financially if you would like to undertake further professional qualifications.
· We cover the cost of membership fees of one relevant professional institution at membership / chartered / examined level relevant to your job role.
Location: The role will be based primarily in our attractive head office in Mossley Mill, offering superbly appointed spacious working conditions in a converted mill building located outside Belfast, with easy access by train and motorway. Remote working outside NI / Ireland is not available.
Salary: We will pay a competitive salary – negotiable dependent on skills and prior experience.
Reference ID: JAN23/IP-GES
Contract length: 12 months
Expected start date: 01/06/2023
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
CAITLIN ANDERSONAdministratorMcCloy Consulting Ltd.t: +44 28 9084 8694e: email@example.com:www.mccloyconsulting.comMossley Mill, Lower Ground (West), Carnmoney Road North, Newtownabbey, Co. Antrim BT36 5QA