Fi Wi Road Internship
This scheme will run part-time from June to September 2021, and interns will be working
alongside Black Geographers CIC, the Royal Geographical Society (RGS), including the
Race, Culture and Equality (RACE) Working Group, and Society for Caribbean Studies
(SCS). Throughout the internship you will be expected to aid in coordinating and facilitating both the SCS Conference and RGS Conference. Applicants should ensure that they are available across the dates for these events (5th – 10 th July and 31 st August – 3rd September respectively).
Your responsibilities will include:
● Participation in conference planning meetings
● Administrative support for conference sessions
● Presentations to staff and delegates
This internship will culminate in a writing retreat, where the cohort will complete their
contributions towards a collection of works for publication in Antipode: A Radical Journal of
Geography. These works will be co-produced with support throughout the internship, and
they will be defined, in content and style, by the cohort, as a creative exploration of your
experiences, hopes, and critiques of UK-based Geography and its possible futures.
What you will receive:
● Experience co-administering an academic conference
● Opportunities to present your ideas and experiences at conferences and online
● Academic work published in Antipode
● Learning opportunities in the form of writing support and a writing retreat
● Mentoring from a member of the RACE Group
● Support from a cohort of other PCR Black researchers
Interns will be compensated at £15/hr, and employed for approximately 112 hours
across the 4-month period. This is a remote working position.